Dwight Bain, NCC
Dwight Bain is a Nationally Certified Counselor in practice since 1984 with a specialty in managing crisis herunterladen. He served on a critical incident team after the terrorist attacks of 9/11 in New York City at Ground Zero and has worked with media to create community calm after the mass shootings of Columbine, Las Vegas, Charleston, Parkland and Pulse live video youtubeen. Bain is a trusted media resource on trauma recovery who has been interviewed on over 500 radio and television stations in the U.S. as well as quoted in over 100 media sites including: New York Times, Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, Atlanta Journal, Orlando Sentinel, Miami Herald, Newsday, FoxBusiness.com & MSNBC.com free word windows. He recently shared these emerging PTG trends at the World Congress on Crisis, Stress and Human Resilience in Baltimore. Follow him on social @DwightBain deutsche schlager herunterladen kostenlos.
Building Post Traumatic Growth
Community crisis is more frequent than ever. Say the words – “Parkland, Pulse, Las Vegas, Columbine, Sutherland Springs, Sandy Hook, San Bernardino, Virginia Tech, Charleston, Boston”… and your mind recalls trauma. There is a mass shooting, (four or more) every 64 days in the United States, with workplace shootings an almost daily occurrence skype download for free for windows 10. Domestic violence, suicide, filicide, homicide are all on the rise. How can counselors respond to the tremendous increase in community violence, PTSD and other self-destructive behaviors wie kann man iphone musik herunterladen? How can mental health professionals manage the flood of traumatized clients to guide them away from relapsing during the period of STS- Secondary Traumatic Stress to prevent or lessen PTSD while guiding clients toward mental resilience virenschutz für windows xp kostenlos downloaden? How can you be part of the healing process across your community?
This intensive workshop will focus on equipping you with resources from the growing field of trauma resilience and recovery, including the PTSD trauma timeline, to help stabilize and then strengthen clients wie kann ich das herunterladen. Learn new skills from an interactive training guide, (one per participant) to gain healing supports which have been shown to speed emotional recovery after a large scale community crisis gaeb for free. Resilience not relapse is the goal of PTG and these resources will give you new tools to achieve that goal for your clients.
“According to PTSD research 75% of people will experience a traumatic event in their lifetime.” – Time Magazine
- Understand how trauma symptoms develop with the detailed trauma symptom timeline tracking system by weeks and months post-crisis across all age groups, from children to senior adults adobe acrobat 10 kostenlos downloaden.
- Gain insight into the stages of trauma moving from normal STS, Secondary Traumatic Stress into dangerous PTSD, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Identify which of the seventeen PTG treatment and recovery options are best for the client populations you serve
- Distinguish the ten differences between PTSD and catatonic depression to assist clients affected by trauma with clear diagnosis for treatment
- Develop a personalized crisis management plan to protect yourself as a professional, while gaining new skills to guide clients affected by STS and PTSD and prevent high-risk relapse behavior.