Dr. Philip Henry is a clinical psychologist, associate professor of counseling at Palm Beach Atlantic University, and author of several books. He is completing his post doctorate in psychopharmacology and his research and teaching interest are in the areas of addiction and neuroscience and are rooted in an understanding of trauma. Recently he spent extended time with Dr. Marsha Linehan, the founder of dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) extensively exploring her work and bringing her work and the work of Dr. Bessel van der Kolk to clinical application.
1. Understand the relationship between Serotonin, anxiety, depression, bullying and ptsd
2. Help clients in recovery by helping them find their place in the world
3. Use clients’s deep emotions to build mindfulness, and foster connection and emotional atunement
4. Navigate the maps of meaning with clients to address anxiety and depression
5. Help client’s declutter and organize their internal dialogue and lives
6. Develop and utilize feedback loops and mega-cognition in therapy
7. Rethink and therapeutically use advice giving, connection and the hierarchy in the therapeutic relationship
Get Prepped for this Workshop
Much of this work gives credit to the work of Dr Jordan Peterson. It is highly recommended that participants read his recent book The 12 Rules prior to attending.
Share What You Know
We’ll also have a “resource table” at this workshop. The room will be filled with many who’ve explored, discovered and achieved much in the land of trauma resolution. Got a favorite book? Put your name on it and bring it to display on our table along with your business card for contact and follow up.