In collaboration with Florida Mental Health Counselor’s Association, we’re proud to present this exciting ONLINE seminar:
“Telehealth for Counselors: Zooming Into a New Era”
ONLINE June 5, 2020 2PM – 4PM
$5 for members includes 2 CEUs
Only Members of MHCAPB are eligible for the $5 price using this code at registration:
On a recent statewide poll of 137 counselors in Florida, 95% of counselors who were providing direct client services reported that they were providing telehealth sessions, whereas only months earlier only a small percentage of counselors offered telehealth Download download download. The COVID-19 pandemic created a rapid shift among counselors, but many of us have little training or experience with telehealth and lots of questions, such as:
- What platforms am I allowed to use for telehealth hintergrundbilder gratis herunterladen?
- What are some of the unique clinical, ethical, and legal considerations for telehealth?
- What should a telehealth consent form include herunterladen?
- How can I make telehalth sessions more personal, engaging, or interactive?
- What happens if my client is in another state and wants to do a telehealth session musik kostenlos herunterladen ipad?
- How do I bill insurance for telehealth?
This 2-hour webinar seeks to answer these and similar questions about telehealth services herunterladen.
- Summarize ethical considerations for telehealth as depicted in the AMHCA 2020 Code of Ethics instagram story sticker kostenlos download.
- List several telehealth platforms and describe the unique characteristics of each.
- Locate updated laws and rules that pertain to telehealth kostenlos musik downloaden cannapower.
- Describe how to bill insurance for telehealth.
Aaron Norton, LMHC, LMFT
Aaron, current president of Florida Mental Health Counselor’s Association is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with certifications in addictions, alcohol and drug counseling, rehabilitation counseling, clinical mental health counseling, forensic mental health evaluation, and forensic behavioral analysis eps datei download kostenlos. He is recognized by the American Mental Health Counselors Association as a Diplomate and Clinical Mental Health Specialist in Substance Abuse and Co-Occurring Disorders herunterladen. He serves as Executive Director of the National Board of Forensic Evaluators, a national not-for-profit board officially endorsed by the American Mental Health Counselors Association that provides training, certification, and professional advocacy for licensed mental health professionals specializing in forensic mental health evaluation herunterladen. He is an Adjunct Instructor at the University of South Florida’s College of Behavioral and Community Sciences as well as a doctoral candidate in the Counselor Education and Supervision program at USF. He serves as Southern Regional Director for the American Mental Health Counselors Association and President-Elect and Chair of Education, Training Standards, and Continuing Education for the Florida Mental Health Counselors Association. He also works in a private practice specializing in both therapy and forensic and clinical evaluation, as well as providing clinical supervision to mental health counselor and marriage and family therapist interns as a Qualified Supervisor. He has more than 15 years of experience in the counseling profession. He was awarded Mental Health Counselor of the Year by the American Mental Health Counselors Association and Counselor Educator of the Year by the Florida Mental Health Counselors Association in 2016 and has been published in Addiction Professional, American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, Journal of Gay and Lesbian Social Services, Journal of Individual Psychology, and The Advocate Magazine.
Proudly sponsored by
We are proud to once again partner with Florida Mental Health Counselor’s Association with the support of Treatment Placement Specialists to bring you this seminar live and online.