Dr. Philip Henry, Palm Beach Atlantic University
Healing Trauma in the Body
This seminar is an interactive, clinically focused presentation on the effects of trauma on the individual and the state of the art interventions that can be used in the healing of trauma torrents download met ipad. The work of Dr. Bessel van der Kolk (from whose latest book our title has been taken) and Dr download sims 4 online. Marsha Linehan are foundational to this understanding of trauma and its implications for treatment. Focus will be given to the neurological effects of trauma (neurotransmitter, wiring and genetic changes) and techniques for mediating the negative effects design pro 5 kostenlos download. Those who work with children and adults especially with a history of abuse, family trauma or neglect would benefit from this workshop.
A Trauma Expert
Dr windows edge herunterladen. Philip Henry is a clinical psychologist, associate professor of counseling at Palm Beach Atlantic University, and author of several books. He is completing his post doctorate in psychopharmacology and his research and teaching interest are in the areas of addiction and neuroscience and are rooted in an understanding of trauma papers please deutsch kostenlos downloaden. Last summer and this summer he spent a week Dr. Marsha Linehan, the founder of dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) extensively exploring her work and bringing her work and the work of Dr rockmusik kostenlos downloaden. Bessel van der Kolk to clinical application.
Get Prepped for this Workshop
Much of this work gives credit to the work of Dr Bessel Van der Kolk. It is highly recommended that participants read his recent book The Body Keeps the Score prior to attending design pro kostenlos download.
Share What You Know
We’ll also have a “resource table” at this workshop. The room will be filled with many who’ve explored, discovered and achieved much in the land of trauma resolution. Got a favorite book? Put your name on it and bring it to display on our table along with your business card for contact and follow up 80er jahre musik kostenlos downloaden.
Participants will leave with the ability to:
- Explain how trauma and complex trauma effect the body
- Identify trauma’s effect on the brain, neurotransmitters and “wiring” from both single event and developmental trauma word schriftarten kostenlosen.
- Productively explore primary attachment patterns and how those patterns modify or exacerbate the effects of trauma
- Describe 8 contributing factors to the development of complex PTSD
- Apply advanced knowledge of complex PTSD that can aid in diagnosis, informed intervention and treatment of individuals
- Delineate the common factors in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), Eye Movement Desensitizing Reprocessing (EMDR) and a number of newer “body-connected” therapies (application of these factors will be given)