Dr. Denny Cecil-Van Den Heuvel, LMHC, LMFT
Dr. Denny Cecil-Van Den Heuvel (also known as Dr. Denny) received her Masters of Education from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro in 1991. She attained her licensed in North Carolina and continues to hold that license. She received her Ph.D. in Counselor Education with a minor in Psychology at North Carolina State University. During this time, Dr. Cecil-Van Den Heuvel also founded a state association, License Professional Counselors Association of North Carolina, along with her colleagues, and promoted legislative ground work for Licensed Professional Counselors in the 1990s. Currently, this association has over 700 members and is under the umbrella of the American Mental Health Counselors Association.
Dr. Denny is the Director of the Clinical Mental Health Counseling Master Program at South University in West Palm Beach, FL. Dr. Denny was hired to set up this Master Program in 2003 at South University where it has successfully graduate students and recently attained CACREP accreditation. She also has a part time private practice where she enjoys direct client interaction. She specializes in treatment of adolescents and their families from her long term experience with this population. Dr. Denny also treats a broad range of issues and currently treats children, adolescents, couples, and families. She works with trauma often and is trained in EMDR.
Dr. Denny is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor and a Licensed Marriage and Family Counselor in the state of Florida. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor in North Carolina. Dr. Denny has served as President of the Mental Health Counseling Association of Palm Beach County for two years, President of the Florida Mental Health Association for one year, and President of the Licensed Professional Counselors Association of North Carolina for two years. She is currently a member of the 491 Licensure Board in the State of Florida. She also holds a membership with American Counseling Association, the American Mental Health Counseling Association, Florida Mental Health Counseling Association, Mental Health Counseling Association of Palm Beach County, and the Mental Health Association of Palm Beach County.
Two Day Qualified Supervision Training for LMHCs, LMFTs, and LCSWs.
MHCAPBC Members: $225.00 Non-Members: $275.00
Click Here for Tickets at Eventbrite
- Become familiar with the definition of supervision & the major models of supervision for mental health counseling;
- Gain skills to develop a personal model of supervision, drawn from existing models of supervision and from preferred styles of counseling/therapy;
- Understand the co-evolving dynamics of therapist-client and supervisor-therapist-client relationships;
- Address the contextual variables in practice such as culture, gender, ethnicity, power and social class;
- Become familiar with the ethical, legal and regulatory issues of supervision;
- Explore distinctive issues that emerge in supervision;
- Understand the role of evaluation in supervision.